Friday, December 30, 2011

Underage Drinking and Smoking

Why do people feel the need to drink and smoke (anything) underage? I have been raised with good morals. You do what is asked of you, when you are asked. You obey higher authoritative figures. You do not break the law. Because I have been raised this way, I do not understand why people feel the need to go and do stuff that they are not supposed to do. I have no patience for people who break the law, especially when they are directly impacting me and my life.

Drinking: I have more patience for people who drink underage than I do for people who smoke. There is a reason that there is a drinking age set. However, there is also a reason that drinking is not completely illegal. I have absolutely no patience for people who drink and drive. That is one of the worst thing you can do because you are not only affecting yourself and putting your life and risk, you are putting other people at risk as well. If you are going to drink, do not get behind the wheel. If you do, you are just being selfish and are not thinking about the consequences of that action. If you are going to drink underage, do it somewhere safe. However, I am not advocating drinking because I think that you should just obey the laws put in place. Why do people feel the need to drink in high school or before they are twenty-one when they have the rest of their life to do it? Wait until it is actually legal!

Smoking: When I say smoking, I mean any type of smoking; whether it is drugs or cigarettes. It is just plain stupid. Smoking whatever it is you smoke is dangerous. It is not just dangerous and harmful to yourself, but it is dangerous to anyone else you are around. I have had people in my family die because of what smoking cigarettes did to them. It is so hard to see someone you love die because of something they did to themselves. I have absolutely no patience for drugs. There is a reason that drugs are illegal. I do not understand why people feel the need to get high off some substance. I am high ON LIFE. If you feel like you need to get high to have friends, than you need to get some better friends.

People who smoke and drink when they are in high school make me sick. It especially hurts if you are friends with them or involved in an extracurricular activity with them. By doing this, they are not only putting themselves in jeopardy, but they are putting all of their team mates in jeopardy as well. It is not fair to do this to yourself, as well as to anyone else. You have your whole life to do this stuff, why do it when you are in high school? Your high school years are supposed to be the best years of your life, but you miss them when you are high and drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment