Friday, December 30, 2011

Goodbye Baby Fat

As the New Year approaches many people make their New Year’s Resolution to work out and lose weight. This resolution is not always followed through but sometimes it is. It is hard to set your mind to something if you don’t feel like you have the stamina to keep it up. I know that I have tried this before and I have had trouble sticking to it. I have found that I have lost weight, without doing anything different.

In the past I have been a chunky monkey! I look at pictures now from back then and I think to myself, “Holy cow! Is that legit?!” It is hard for me to look at those pictures because I realize that I was not the healthiest person in the world. I use to get a lot of grief from my dad’s side of the family. They were always making comments on my weight. And you know it really hurt. I didn’t really like having to spend time with them because of the hurtful comments they would make about my size. I never really realized how heavy I really was. I know they didn’t mean to be rude or hurtful with their comments, but it hurt me a lot. I know those comments will always remain with me and I will always remember them. I feel like that is part of the reason I was never really close with them; I was always afraid of what they were going to say.

Lately, I have started to notice a change in my body. I don’t really notice it as much as other people notice it. However, I do notice it especially when I look at pictures. There is a major difference even between now and just two years ago! I have been asked if “I am eating”. And the truth is, YES! I love food and I enjoy eating food. I am not going to give up food just to be skinny. That is a joke. I have learned what is good to eat and what is bad to eat. I totaled it up, and I have lost close to thirty pounds since freshman year. (I am now a junior.) This is remarkable to me. I am proud of my weight loss, but I can’t say that I have done anything different to make it happen. I feel bad saying this, because there are people out there that try, and try and try to lose weight, but it doesn’t happen. I feel like I have lost a majority of my weight in just growing up and getting taller. I finally lost my “baby fat”. I am also not home after school to chow-down and eat a lot of food. I keep myself busy and I eat healthy food now. By keeping busy, you don’t have the feeling of boredom. (I know that when I am bored, I tend to eat!) By growing up, keeping busy and remaining active, I have lost weight I never thought that I would lose!

I know that I am not a skinny-minny and I am okay with that. I am so comfortable in my skin and I embrace my curves. I am closer with my dad’s side of my family now because they finally stopped bullying me about my size. I am so lucky that I don’t have the pressure to keep losing weight. I do not feel like I have to be a certain size. I was loved when I was chunky and I know I will be loved at whatever size I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment