Friday, December 30, 2011

Energy, Energy, and More Energy!

Over Christmas Break, I went to visit my dad. I have a little sister who is seven. (She is my half sister, so she lives with my dad and stepmom.) She was born from two completely different people. One is calm and very chill (unless you tick him off) and the other is always doing something (she is always involved in one thing or another). By coming from two opposite people, you would think that my sister would be a mixture of calm and crazy. However, you and I both thought wrong: she is like the Energizer Bunny because she is always going and going and going!

I am a typical teenager. I was made by two calm people. My mom and my dad are both content by just sitting on the couch relaxing; I am that way too. Yes, sometimes it is nice to get out of the house and do something, but I am mostly content by just relaxing. Let’s be honest, how many teenagers AREN’T content with just doing that? Whenever I go to my dad’s it is usually over a break. That is the key word: break. Breaks are a time for me. A time where I am suppose to recuperate and just relax. It is a time where I take a BREAK from my busy life. It is very hard for me to take a “break” when I am at my dad’s house. I like to sleep in. (Usually I sleep until noon when I can!) I try to do this at my dad’s, but then there is always a ruckus going on that tends to wake me up. Now, I learned that if I want to sleep later, I need to put my iPod in my ears and lock my door. Otherwise my little sister would come barging in at eight a.m. with the dog, waking me up! I have learned my lesson.

However, I feel bad sleeping this late sometimes. Even though I am so tired and all I want to do is sleep, I feel like I am being rude to my little sister. I want to have a relationship with her and have fun with her. I feel like my only opportunity to do this is when I am on my break and I am there visiting them. I usually spend the rest of the day playing with my sister and doing what she wants to do. But it is very tiring. I am not use to being around someone that has this much energy. She just keeps going and going; even when it is ten p.m.!

I have come to the conclusion that you are a reflection of what your household is like. In my household, we are very calm and we all do our own thing while managing to make time for each other. (We all lead very busy lives.) But in my little sister’s house, there is always something going on. That rubs off on her, because she always has to be doing something. It is interesting to compare how two sisters can be completely different. I have had to learn to boost my energy level when I am with them, but then it takes me a while to bring it back down once I get home. It’ll be interesting to see what she is like when she is a teenager. Will she be the typical sleep and lounge all day teenager? I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment