Friday, December 30, 2011

A Look Back on 2011 Continued (2)

#3) Making Happiness Inc.: Ever since I was a little girl, I used to hear stories about my uncle when he was in show choir. I would hear about how much fun it was, how much work you had to put into it, and the friends he made along the way. He would show me his Big Banana Jacket that still hangs up in the closet of his old bedroom. Even then, knowing how much I loved to sing and dance, I knew I wanted to be in Happiness Inc. one day. That day finally came at the end of May. I had been in the Freshman Prep Group, Chanteurs as well as the Prep Group, Protégé my sophomore year. And I had auditioned for the Varsity Group, Happiness in early April. I was so nervous, but when I opened up the link with the list of names on it, all of those nerves got really crazy, but then mellowed down once I saw my name. This was one of the happiest days of my life. What I had worked for and strived for, finally happened. Then, in late July, I got my first Big Banana Jacket. It was my own and had MY name on it. I can’t describe how cool it was to finally get my OWN jacket. I am so excited to compete this year with my friends in Happiness Inc., where I will get to show off my Big Banana Jacket!
#2) Getting My License: I have been driving since I was fourteen, but when I turned sixteen, it was a whole new experience. I had gotten the freedom I had always wanted. I had a cute little red car to go with it too. I love having my license. Having my license makes my life so much easier. I don’t have to rely of someone to come get me, or on people having to chauffer me around. I have the freedom to go wherever I want, whenever I want (as long as it is okay with my mom!). It is great and I couldn’t ask for anything more. I am so fortunate to have that privilege, considering there are a lot of people in the world that do not.
#1) Spain:  My trip to Spain was a trip of a lifetime. I made so many memories and so many friends. Even though it feels like forever ago, I remember it like it was yesterday. Getting to experience life in another country, with another language was more challenging than I ever expected it to be. However, I realized that this challenge was good and that was what this trip was meant to do. It was meant to challenge you in ways that you have never been challenged before. I was able to make relationships that will last forever, especially with my host family. This trip made me realize how much I really enjoyed traveling abroad and that I want to do much more of it in the future. I am grateful to everyone who made this trip possible!
Many things happened in 2011 that I will never forget. I can only hope that 2012 will be even better than 2011 and that I will make many more memories. (542)

No comments:

Post a Comment