Friday, December 30, 2011

Facebook

I thought since I wrote a blog about Twitter, I might as well write a blog about Facebook. I prefer Facebook to Twitter because Facebook is a way to stay up to date, without getting involved in everyone’s drama. Unlike Twitter, Facebook is mostly positive, with only some negatives.

#1) Creeping: This is my favorite part about Facebook. I know this probably sounds weird, but it is just so much fun! Facebook is a way to see what people are up to, without having to go to them directly. It is nice because you can see how old friends are doing and how they are looking. I know for my mom, she likes being able to see her old high school or college classmates. And for me, I like being able to see how my old friends are doing and how they look. It is nice to see how people are doing that you no longer stay in regular touch with.

#2) Staying Up to Date: Facebook is a nice source of information. One thing I don’t like though is that it enables direct communication. There isn’t as much direct interaction anymore, because you can just get the needed information other ways. However, if you know someone is ill or needs prayers, you can get that information with just a click of your mouse. By having a Facebook, you can get the information you need to know to stay up to date on everything that is going on!

#3) Share Your Stories: I love posting pictures for everyone to see. (As long as they are appropriate!) It comes in handy when you have things you want to share with the people you don’t get to see on a regular basis. For example, many of my family members live in different states. I am friends with all of them that have Facebook. I like this to a certain extent because they are able to stay informed on my life and see what I am up to, by just going to my Profile, and vice versa.

Facebook has many beneficial qualities, but it also has some negatives. One negative is that you can get too involved in people’s personal lives. Some people are not aware that whatever they put on Facebook, everyone can see. This is when other people become involved; human beings LOVE drama that is not our own. However, if you know your boundaries, you can stay out of drama and focus on just yourself and your information. I am definitely an advocate for Facebook. It is a way to have your life displayed for everyone to see, without having everyone get too involved in your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment