Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Cheer!

‘Tis the season to be jolly! Christmas season is always a fun one! All of the food, pretty lights, the decorations, and the music! What isn’t there to love? I have always loved Christmas season. It is a time where we get out of school for long periods of time and we get to be with our families.

One thing I love about Christmas is all of the food. Christmas cookies are the absolute best. My favorite kind of cookie to make are the peanut butter star cookies! They taste so delicious and they just melt in your mouth (if you make them the right way!) I also love making chocolate covered pretzels. No wonder people always make their New Year’s Resolution to lose weight: it is because of all of the sweets everyone eats the week or two before! The other day, I went over to my friend’s house and her mom was slaving away in the kitchen. Her mom loves to cook and she was busy making many different types of cookies! They were all made from scratch and tasted delicious. On average she makes about 17 different types of cookies. In my family we usually make the “place and bake” cookies. They taste pretty good, but they are just easier to make. I love eating and making all of these cookies and it just makes Christmas even more fun!

Christmas time always leaves most people feeling warm and fuzzy on the inside and all of the decorations leave us feeling even better! I love driving down my street or other streets and seeing all of the houses lit up. It makes nighttime seem like daytime because all of the streets are lit up! Then, when you walk inside to some houses, it looks like it has been North Pole-ified. My friend’s house is like a mini winter wonderland! She has about five Christmas trees set up and little character figures all around. Seeing all of these decorations makes me feel like I am visiting the North Pole and they make me feel so happy!

I have many have mixed feelings on Christmas music. My mood varies every year with Christmas music. Christmas music before Thanksgiving is a major NO-NO for me. I don’t mind Christmas music in December, but any time before that, it is just too much for me to handle. I love singing Christmas music. As Buddy the Elf would say, “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is to sing loudly for all to hear!” In my choir class, we go caroling. This season we will have caroled in about 20 different venues! But you know what, I actually don’t mind it because it is so much fun! We get to bring joyful music for those who want to hear it. It makes me feel like I am doing something really special.

There are so many things I love about Christmas. Christmas is more than just presents to me. It is about getting to spend time with your family while eating food, decorating and singing! What more could I ask for?! Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment