Sunday, February 12, 2012

Middle School Friendships

As it would be expected, people change, and things change. People grow apart and some people grow closer together. During middle school, I had many friends. However, since my first day of sixth grade, I knew I would be leaving these friends I would soon make in three years because I was going to a different high school than they were. A majority of the kids at my middle school were going to Jefferson, and I was going to Kennedy along with the other ten people out of three-hundred in my class. This was a hard reality to face, but I knew I would someday have to face it. However, even through the school changes, I have lost and kept some friends from middle school. I know that I have been able to keep these friends because they are indeed true friends.
My friend Lindsey is one particular friend I have not lost contact with. I am so thankful that we have stayed friends because we have so much in common and her friendship means so much to me. We have both had to deal with a lot of the same stuff in our lives and the fact that we can relate and be there for each other through the thick and the thin says a lot. She was the person I had the hardest time saying goodbye to. I knew we would still be friends, but it wouldn’t be the same. We would be on complete opposite sides of town and we would both be leading separate lives. We both love the music and theater departments and therefore I knew we would support each other in those things. Even though we are both VERY busy, we always manage to find time for each other. She is very close with my mom and I am very close with her mom. I know that I can go to her and her family if I ever had a problem, and vice-versa. Whenever we get together, we pick up right where we left off, and it doesn’t seem like it has been months since we were last together. Lindsey is such a great person and I am so glad that I remained friends with her.
Sometimes you have to put that extra effort into a friendship in order to make it work. Lindsey and I have both put in that effort and I am so glad we have. I don’t know what I would do without my “Linds!” Even though we both live two completely separate lives, we both try in the friendship because we both really care about each other. Lindsey and I are an example of a true friendship, one that hasn’t always been easy, but it is one that is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment