Friday, February 3, 2012

Death: Part Two

Is death painful? This is a question that is always in the back of my mind. I feel like my biggest fear when it comes to death isn’t what will happen after I am gone, but how I will die. I do not have a high pain tolerance, and I am scared of the pain that it might cause me. Television has somehow warped our minds and we see death in many ways. We see people getting shot, getting murdered, dying of cancer or passing peacefully. I have only had one person who was extremely close to me die before. She meant the world to me, and thankfully she died a peaceful death. I have a fear of someone coming into my house, taking me, and then killing me; stabbing me, shooting me, drowning me. Yes, these are all irrational, but they still do exist, and they are always in the back of my mind. We would all like to die a peaceful, calming death. But realistically, there will always be some sort of pain that comes along with it. Whether it is a little or a lot of pain, it is still going to hurt mentally, physically, or both.
No one likes to acknowledge that death exists, but it is a fact of life. I am afraid to die. But as I get older, I feel that my fear will go away just like my grandmother’s fear has gone. If I accomplished what I was set here on Earth to do, I think I will be fine dying. But as of right now, being seventeen years old, I am not ready to leave; I haven’t accomplished everything I have set out to do; I haven’t met everyone I am supposed to meet; I haven’t lived my life to the fullest yet. Still, I am not sure of what is to come after death, but then again, is anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment