Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cleaning My Room

I have never been an “organized person” per say. My mother always gives me a hard time about this, but ultimately I believe that I get it from her! Even though I may not be the most organized or clean person when it comes to my bedroom, but I know exactly where everything is. Some might say that that makes no sense, but it I would call my room and organized mess. However, recently my room was TOO messy and it got to my breaking point as well as my mom’s. I was under house-arrest until my room was clean.

I was determined to make a change when it came to my bedroom. I had clean clothes in piles on my floor, I had Christmas and birthday presents still in bags unwrapped in my room, lying on the ground, and I had over-night bags with clothes in them lying all over the place. I felt like my room was closing in on me and on the whole house. I started by making room in my closet and taking my room one area at a time. I made sure to have many garbage bags going at the same time, because Lord knows I needed them.  As I took my room step by step, I would find things that I had been missing for months; things I thought I had lost, I found! It is always great to get something back that you thought you lost! However, when I would find these things, I would think to myself, “Wow, and I thought this was an ORGANIZED mess!” When I found multiple things that I had been missing, and when I had multiple garbage bags full at the end of cleaning, I knew a change needed to be made and that this change needed to stick for a while.

I have been making an effort to hang up all of my clothes, or to fit them into my drawers. This has been helping to keep my clothes off of my floor. I have limited the things that I am “allowed” to put on my ground. By doing this, I have been able to keep my floor clear; ultimately, not having anything on the floor doesn’t make me feel like my room is encroaching on me! Even by the slightest extra effort I have been putting into to keep my room clean, it has made me feel better emotionally and physically because I feel like I can breathe again. It has also gotten my mom off my back, which is always a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment