Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Tweety" Bird

When exactly did this new phenomena of Twitter first come about? Well, I don’t know, but it has quickly become an Internet sensation. I have conformed to this Internet sensation of Twitter. I tweet every other day or so. However, I am careful with what I tweet about. Some things should be left between two people, and shouldn’t be spread into the Twitter world for everyone to see.

There are some people out there who feel the need to tweet every couple hours, or even every hour. To me, that seems ridiculous! I agree that some things are funny and are worth sharing, but things like, “Wow, I hate my life.” Or “I am so drunk right now; I don’t even know what is going on!” are a little too much information. I am a very caring person, but I don’t feel the need to know EVERY little thing that is happening in other people’s lives.

A lot of drama is caused over Twitter as well. I am aware of many “Twitter-Fights.” In my opinion, if you have a problem with someone, TEXT them privately, CALL them, or even talk to them IN PERSON. Don’t make your problems clear to the whole world. Twitter is a nice way to let out frustration, but if you know someone is going to see it, and you don’t want them to, then you shouldn’t tweet it. If it isn’t something you would say to their face or to them DIRECTLY, then you shouldn’t post it for the whole world to see. Tweeting about it just makes people want more information which leads to more drama.

I like Twitter in the sense that you can share information for people to see. If I am doing something fun with my friends, or there is something fun going on, I can tweet about it and let other people know too!  I have been known to tweet funny events or conversations that have occurred with my friends, such as:  “Madison, what is your cat’s name? ….Chip; as in Chocolate Chip.” This was a funny thing, and I wanted to share it with other people. Yes, it may seem stupid but it was fun! Most of the things being tweeted can only be experienced if you are right there with them, laughing about it too!

Twitter is a new way of saying, “look at me!” I think you are trying to see how many peoples’ attention you can get by saying this is what I am doing; this is how I feel; this is where I am! It is short (140 characters) but it isn’t always sweet. So next time you plan on tweeting, just think: “Is this something everyone needs to see? Would I want this certain person to see it and possibly get upset?” If the answer is no, then don’t tweet it.

No comments:

Post a Comment